Eduardo Rufeisen is an award-winning filmmaker and educator. His films and documentaries have participated and won multiple awards in the United States, Canada, Germany, England, France, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, Romania, Israel, India, Russia, and Brazil.
His commercials have been seen nationally on ABC, MTV, Lifetime, WB, and Fox. He was the marketing manager of MTV-Brazil where he created television ad campaigns and managed the sales team. He was a TV Producer for BAND, a Brazilian Television Network, working on more than 100 shows and documentaries. He has also produced and directed corporate videos for HP, Google, Yahoo, Oath, and Apigee.
He was the Director of the School of Motion Pictures and Television at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, where he oversaw the curriculum development, department budget, ran the day-to-day operations and the university film studios. At the university he taught Producing, Directing, Directing Actors, Blocking, Cinematography, Photography, Film Language, and Acting for Camera classes for MFA and BFA programs. He was also the in-house director for acting portfolios scenes and films.
Eduardo Rufeisen has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Economics from the prestigious South American University, UNICAMP (Universidade Estadual de Campinas), a Graduate degree in Marketing from the Escola Superior de Propaganda e Marketing in São Paulo, Brazil, and a Master’s of Fine Arts degree (MFA) in Motion Pictures and Television from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, California.
Currently, he runs his own film production company and teaches film studies and production in 5 colleges in Northern California:
- Adjunct Professor at De Anza College, Cupertino - Non-Linear Editing, Intermediary Digital Video Production
- Adjunct Professor at City College of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA - American Cinema, Introduction to Film Studies, Narrative Filmmaking, Directing Motion Pictures
- Adjunct Professor at West Valley College, Saratoga - Screenwriting, Genre: Horror and Sci-Fi, Genre: Westerns and Musicals, Genre: Gangsters and Detectives, Intro to Filmmaking
- Adjunct Professor at San Jose City College - Introduction to Media Arts, Media Arts Project Digital Video
- Adjunct Professor at Foothill College, Los Altos Hills - American Cinema, Film History, Introduction to Film Studies